Guidelines for Donated Items
Thank you for supporting the Night’s Shield Children’s Shelter. Due to the overwhelming generosity of our community, we have established some guidelines for donated items:
Beginning July 1, 2010, donations will be received at the Shelter on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm. If you cannot deliver your donations during these times, please call Brenda Toms at (618) 932-6400 between 8:30am and 4:30pm to make other arrangements.
There are certain items that we cannot use and will no longer be able to accept.
- Used electronics such as computers and TV’s
- Bed linens
- Large items such as exercise equipment, used lawn & garden equipment
Items that we CAN accept include:
- New or gently used clothing, in current styles, for girls and boys ages birth to 18
- New underwear, all sizes, for girls (no bikini) and boys (boxers and briefs)
- New tennis shoes in current styles
- New, unopened household cleaning supplies
- Paper products such as paper towels and paper plates
- Office supplies
- School supplies
- Food items
The above list is not inclusive, but is meant to be used as guidance. If you have any questions, please feel free to give the shelter a call at (618) 932-6400.